Lallemand CBC-1 Cask & Bottle Conditioning Yeast 500g
CBC-1 Cask & Bottle Conditioning Yeast 500g Wholesale
LalBrew® LalBrew® CBC-1 has been specifically selected from the Lallemand Yeast Culture Collection for its refermentation properties and is recommended for Cask and Bottle Conditioning. LalBrew® CBC-1 referments beer efficiently due to its high resistance to alcohol and pressure. The flavor is neutral, therefore the original character of the beer is preserved. The yeast will settle and form a tight mat at the end of refermentation. LalBrew® CBC-1 can also be used for primary fermentation of dry ciders or mead. Maltotriose is not metabolized during primary fermentation of beer, so LalBrew® CBC-1 is well suited for sweeter fruit beers or malty ales.
Traditional styles brewed with this yeast include but are not limited to:
- Primary fermentation of fruit beers, full-bodied, malty beers, dry cider and mead.
- bottle conditioning for all beer styles
- Primary: 20°C
- Refermentation: 15-25°C
- Primary: 50-100g/hL
- Bottle conditioning: 10g/hL
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew® CBC-1 yeast:
- Percent solids: 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells: < 5 x 1010 per gram of dry yeast.
- Bacteria: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance. *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis*See data sheets for details
*LalBrew® CBC-1 is a killer yeast, meaning it will secrete a toxic protein that can inhibit killer sensitive strains (most brewing strains are killer sensitive). While this is a positive yeast trait when conducting a pure fermentation/refermentation with CBC-1, extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross contamination with other brews.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® CBC-1 yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 3 days
- Neutral aroma and flavoor
- LalBrew® CBC-1 does not utilize the sugar maltotriose (a molecule composed of 3 glucose units), and the result will be fuller body and residual sweetness in beer. Be advised to adjust mash temperaturesaccording to desired result.
- The optimal temperature for primary fermentation with CBC-1 yeast whenproducing traditional styles is 20°C(72°F)
- Best used for refermentation purpose conducted preferably with priming sugars such as dextrose.
- Refermentation can be completed in 2 weeks at the recommended temperatures.
- The optimal temperature range for CBC-1 yeast when refermenting is 15°C(59°F) to 25°C(77°F).
- CBC-1 contains an adequate reservoir of carbohydrates and unsaturated fatty acids, and cell division (typically one division) is likely to occur in the bottle.
- Temperature and inoculation rate can be adapted in order to achieve desired results. If the beer is partially carbonated, the sugar addition can be reduced.
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
|Analysis Values - Technical Data Sheet|
|Attenuation||Medium to high|
|Alcohol tolerance||18% ABV for primary fermentation. 12-14% ABV for referementation|
|Pitching Rate||50 - 100g/hL to achieve a minimum of 2.5 - 5 million cells/mL|
|Fermentation:||17 - 22°C (63 - 72°F)|
|Download Data Sheets|
Need more information about our Yeast?
Please contact us below.
Delivery from Get Er Brewed
Your order will be dispatched from our warehouse and delivered by your choice of courier service that we provide.
Please click on the link below for more information on the available delivery services.
Once your order has been packed and is ready for delivery, our team will inform you of the dispatch date and the delivery reference number.
The weight limit is 30kg for DPD and 70kg for DHL, either by volumetric or actual, whichever is greater. (Remember, a large packing box weighs 1kg of that total weight).
For products or orders over these weights, the PALLET SHIPPING option is available.
try our utmost to package professionally and keep your items as safe as
possible. If your parcel arrives damaged, please ensure you sign for it
as received damaged and send us a brief description of what has happened
and a few pictures so we can provide the courier with feedback to
For any more information, please contact us at 0800 2289 433 or send an email to [email protected]