Lallemand London ESB Yeast 500g
London ESB English Style Ale Yeast 500g
LalBrew® London is a true English ale strain selected for reliable fermentation performance and moderate ester production that lets the flavors and aromas of malt and hops shine through. LalBrew® London was selected from the Lallemand yeast culture library, and is an excellent choice not only for brewing Extra Special Bitter but for other authentic heritage UK styles like Pale Ale, Bitter and Mild. LalBrew® London may also be used in the production of Ciders.
Suitable Beer Styles:
- English-style ales
- Pale ales
- 18 - 22°C (65 - 72°F)
- Fruity, Estery, Malt
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of London yeast:
- Percent solids: 93% - 97%
- Living Yeast Cells: ≥ 5 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus: Undetectible
- Bacteria: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests. *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis.*See data sheets for details
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) London yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 3 days.
- Medium attenuation and Low flocculation.
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma, allowing malt aromas and flavors to shine through.
- The optimal temperature range for London yeast when producing traditional styles is 18°C(65°F) to 22°C(72°F).
- London does not utilize the sugar maltotriose (a molecule composed of 3 glucose units). Maltotriose comprises an average of 10-15% of total sugar in all-malt worts. The result will be fuller body and residual sweetness in the beer. Be advised to adjust gravities and mash temperatures according to desired result.
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Note*For best practices when using Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains please download the document under the Technical Data Sheet section.
|Analysis Values - Technical Data Sheet|
|Alcohol tolerance||12% ABV|
|Pitching Rate||50 - 100g/hL to achieve a minimum of 2.5 - 5 million cells/mL|
|Fermentation:||18 - 22°C (65 - 72°F)|
|Download Data Sheets|
Delivery from Get Er Brewed
Your order will be dispatched from our warehouse and delivered by your choice of courier service that we provide.
Please click on the link below for more information on the available delivery services.
Once your order has been packed and is ready for delivery, our team will inform you of the dispatch date and the delivery reference number.
The weight limit is 30kg for DPD and 70kg for DHL, either by volumetric or actual, whichever is greater. (Remember, a large packing box weighs 1kg of that total weight).
For products or orders over these weights, the PALLET SHIPPING option is available.
try our utmost to package professionally and keep your items as safe as
possible. If your parcel arrives damaged, please ensure you sign for it
as received damaged and send us a brief description of what has happened
and a few pictures so we can provide the courier with feedback to
For any more information, please contact us at 0800 2289 433 or send an email to [email protected]